Anthony Martial Quotes
Anthony Martial Quotes
Handpicked collection of the best quotes and tweets by Anthony Martial
- Thierry Henry is Thierry Henry. I still have everything to prove. By continuing to work, I will try to reach his level, but I am still very far off.
- If I was to become an icon, then I’d be very happy. I’ll need to score a lot of goals, and the team will need to pick up trophies, though.
- I think the greatest goal I’ve ever scored is the one against Liverpool. It was amazing for me, and it really made my name in the Manchester team.
- Goal scoring is what I do, and it’s the thing that makes me most happy, so I’m really happy inside. But I’m just not the sort of guy who shows that sort of emotion on the outside too much.
- The atmosphere at Old Trafford is really unique, and when you’re a bit tired, they really help you: they shout out your name, and that gives you extra energy.
- Greatness for me is the ability to focus under pressure.
- In France, it’s easy to know which team is going to win the game, whereas in England, anywhere you play, you know it’s going to be difficult.
- It’s annoying to be on the bench — it’s truly annoying — but it’s a test you have to overcome, and that’s how you progress. It’s difficult because all you want is to be able to help the team, and when you’re on the bench, you can’t.
- When I get onto the pitch, I block out everything around it, and I really focus on the pitch.
- The best thing about playing football is making fans happy. The supporters help us a lot out on the pitch.
- I don’t know if I’m worth 80m euros, but I don’t worry about the sums.
- I must continue to work hard in training. I need to think more like a goal scorer; sometimes I get so immersed in the game because I love general play so much.
- I am a striker, but I love playing wide.
- It is not easy to arrive in a different country and adapt quickly, but I think I’m getting there, and I’m proud of that.
- I don’t go out a lot, as I like to stay in. I often go for dinners with my girlfriend, and I love to see movies at the cinema, but I don’t understand them.
- I get on well with everybody. I’ve always been like that.
- I remember my very first training session. It was raining hard. It was cold, and I went home. I couldn’t train. I stayed for ten minutes then told my dad to take me home.
- The Everton goal was very important. It was the one that got us through, and it was great to go into the crowd and celebrate with the fans.
- It’s true that the atmosphere here is quite different from the one in France. People live and breathe football here, and that’s what I like. Every footballer wants to play in the Premier League.
- I have many aspects of my game I need to improve, and that’s what I am focusing on. I prefer not to say what they are in public — for me, it’s a secret, and I just want to work hard.