Barry L Bonds Quotes
Handpicked collection of the best quotes and tweets by Barry L Bonds
- I was born to hit a baseball. I can hit a baseball.
- I think some of the pressure comes from the expectations of other people. Like if your father played baseball, they expect you to be the big lifesaver or something when you play a sport.
- I was a momma’s boy. I didn’t get anything from Dad, except my body and baseball knowledge. The only time I spent with him was at the ballpark.
- Every pitcher can beat you, it doesn’t matter how good you are.
- I don’t know what my future is.
- I’d like to help educate kids about the Major Leagues — what to anticipate, what to expect, what they’ll need to do to prepare themselves.
- As an athlete, you only have so much time. The window only has so much time and then it closes. You have to take care of yourself the best you can.
- It’s called talent. I just have it. I can’t explain it. You either have it or you don’t.
- Making the Hall of Fame, would it be something that’s gratifying because of what I’ve sacrificed? Sure. Baseball has been a big part of our lives. We’ve sacrificed our bodies. It’s the way we made our living.
- But to be the best, you must face the best. And to overcome your fear, you must deal with the best.
- It’s not the name that makes the player. It’s the player.
- I think everyone needs to be a role model, period.
- I’m a very private person. My life story isn’t for everybody.
- I don’t want to be a Major League coach.
- There is nothing better than walking out and hitting a home run.
- There’s not too many rich black people in this world.
- I don’t know what you guys say, but at home, life is way different from baseball.
- I could learn how to press ‘Record’ on a tape recorder and write for a newspaper or a magazine.
- Everyone in society should be a role model, not only for their own self-respect, but for respect from others.
- I like to be against the odds.