Fernando Alonso Quotes
Handpicked collection of the best quotes and tweets by Fernando Alonso
- If you’re in the best team in the world, you or your teammate have to win.
- It is difficult to take in how long you have been doing one thing when you compete at the highest level and always with the highest intensity.
- I’m just hungry to win.
- The day that arrives the first victory or the first win for McLaren-Honda will be a massive achievement for all of us.
- You can play basketball and have a magic night and score 40 points with your team-mates and win the game. There are favourites for the World Cup, but you can’t guarantee Germany, Spain, or Brazil will win, but here, everyone can guarantee that Mercedes or Ferrari will win the race, and this is very sad for the sport.
- If you challenge yourself and try to be the best in all areas, you have to be a complete driver.
- When I take go-karts out with my friends, it’s a disaster normally. But in the race car, I’m calm because they pay me to do this, and I have to be professional.
- For me it’s a simple sport and a simple way to live these seven or eight years of maximum sport.
- When I race in Australia or Korea or Japan, I know it will be a big change for me because Ferrari fans are worldwide. It’s very nice if you win, but it’s not so good if you lose. All this is part of being a Ferrari driver.
- I am very proud of what we have built in Spain, because it is not a traditional Formula 1 country. I think we have found passionate fans, and built up a strong culture for the sport — and things are improving every day, with more and more people getting interested.
- For me, it was not destiny to make it to where I am now — I thought for a long- time I would become a go-kart mechanic, or a job like this, not an F1 driver.
- My parents are very similar to me.
- I like to race, not to do laps alone.
- I always had that, even when I was a kid in a go-kart or when I was playing soccer or tennis: that need of winning. It was there all my life, and it’s still there now.
- I want to live a normal life that I never had the opportunity to do for many years.
- The Triple Crown is an attractive target because it is so difficult to achieve.
- To be one of the names being talked about is better than not. But it’s only talking.
- When I race in Australia or Korea or Japan I know it will be a big change for me because Ferrari fans are worldwide.
- When I joined F1, I was 19 years old, full of energy.
- I have always been very calm on the outside. I’m not too stressed now just because I’m in formula one. For me, tomorrow will be another day whether I finish first or last. I have to do the maximum and I cannot ask any more from myself.