Tomáš Berdych Quotes
The grass is a very big challenge for me. There are these low bounces and different movements, which is very difficult…
- Whoever has played tennis knows the court is pretty big and you always have space to put the ball in.
- It’s always hard to find the best friends in the locker room because we are all competing against each other — but the real friends you are going to definitely find off the court because we are competitors in between.
- Tennis players need to be very focused and very intense, and I can show tennis players are not just hitting the little yellow ball and moving in between the white lines. I’m always trying to show my personality outside of the court.
- Every time I am off the tennis tour, I go back home.
- I can see that the tennis for the fans could be a bit boring, and these days you have these new modern things which you can do, and you have a lot of time, because you just play a match, and practise, and many times in between you can bring many things to the fans.
- I do a lot of biking. I need that mileage and the long-distance stuff because tennis demands it. My fitness trainer is always trying to convince me to do an Ironman. I can probably run the marathon, I can make the 112 miles on the bike, but I will never swim for 2.4 miles. I will die after 100 meters.
- The grass is a very big challenge for me. There are these low bounces and different movements, which is very difficult, especially for my height and weight. When the surfaces change, and I start to play on grass, I start to feel it in the lower back and the lower hamstring.
- I think I can win a slam. That’s my main goal, and if I could choose one, then yes, it would have to be Wimbledon. But, honestly, I would take any one of them.
- It’s not so bad that I can’t touch my toes. But I’m not one of the most flexible guys. When you look at Novak Djokovic, you’d probably think he’s made of rubber.